With some many aspirants are curiously waiting for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2017 Application Form; it’s time of the year again when you can easily download the application form for GATE 2017 which have been made available online by IIT Roorkee (organizing IIT for this year) from September 1 onwards. Gate application is completely online where interested candidates will have to upload their important details such as recent photograph, signature and thumb impression.
Regardless of a first time applicant or the consistent effort maker, there are so many cumbersome steps that candidates have to face during the application filling procedure. By addressing all such small to large aspects, we are here to make this entire process easier for the aspirants. We bring you a step by step procedure to fill the gate 2017 application form. Read through the given details and know how to fill the GATE 2017 application form without committing any mistake.
Data & Documents that candidates (Indian Candidates) require to fill gate 2017 application form
Before you start filling the form, keep the following data with you…
Personal Information Data:
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Personal Mobile Number
- Parent’s Name
- Parent’s Mobile Number
Other mandatory details include:
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility Degree Details
- College Address, PIN Code of College
- Gate Paper, Choice of Gate Examination Cities
- Scanned Image of Your Signature
- Scanned Image of Your Thumb Impression
- Scanned Image of Your Photograph
Please ensure that you keep all the following details in the PDF Format:
- Degree Certificate or mark sheet of previous semester/year (for final year candidates)
- Provisional certificate (letter) from the Institute for final year students (or pre-final year students of dual-degree streams)
- Scanned copy of Category/PWD Certificate (if applicable) in PDF format
- ID Proof: Only Passport/PAN Card/Voter ID/Aadhaar UID/Driving License/College ID/Employee ID card
- Bank details for application fees.
All Steps to Register For Gate 2017-01-04
Step-1: Online Registration
Step 1.1 For the online registration, visit official portal of GOAPS & Access the official link of GOAPS. After that, enter your valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password (enter strong password of your choice).
Step 1.2 Note down your GOAPS Enrolment ID. Keep this ID with you safe as you will need it for future use to download your admit card, result and score card.
Step-2: Fill the Application Form
Here students can choose the maximum centres for exams and need to enter their personal details, academic details, address as well as photo ID details.
Step-3: Upload Photograph, Signature, Left Thumb Impression & Other Documents
Here candidates need to upload the scanned copy of degree certificate, category certificate (if applicable), Photograph, Signature, Left Thumb Impression
Step-4: Fee Payment
- Male (General/OBC) and Other candidates is Rs. 1500
- SC/ST/PWD and Women (All Categories) it is Rs. 750/
- International Students need to pay US Dollars 50 against the application fee
Students can pay their fee via net banking, debit card or e-challan (extra bank charges will be applicable).
Note: Check your GATE 2017 Result & Prepare for your exam